A Nurse’s Step-by-Step Guide to Academic Promotion & Tenure is a practical guide to understanding and navigating the complex and often stressful tenure process. Using their combined 50 years of experience in higher education, authors Constance McIntosh, Cynthia Thomas, and David McIntosh demystify the promotion and tenure process by providing all the tools you need. Whether you are a beginning professor seeking promotion or on a tenure track, this book will ease your anxiety and help you:
- Increase scholarly productivity
- Maneuver through the IRB process
- Teach successfully in different settings and make the most of student evaluations
- Balance work and personal responsibilities and commitments
- Select your mentor
- Navigate the promotion and tenure review process
- Negotiate a new tenure or promotion agreement
You don’t have to tackle tenure alone; get this book for valuable, step-by-step help.
About the Authors
Constance E. McIntosh, EdD, MBA, RN, is an Assistant Professor at Ball State University School of Nursing. She is currently on a tenure track.
Cynthia M. Thomas, EdD, MS, RNC, is an Associate Professor at Ball State University School of Nursing. She has earned tenure and is working toward promotion to full professor.
David E. McIntosh, PhD, is a full Professor and the David and Joanna Meeks Distinguished Professor of Special Education at Ball State University. He has more than 27 years of experience in higher education.