Critical Conversations in Healthcare, Second Edition
Have you ever wished for a script to help with difficult colleague, manager, or patient conversations?
Critical Conversations in Healthcare, Second Edition, provides scripts and scenarios to facilitate better, more effective communication in healthcare settings. Chapters feature do’s and don’ts, reflective questions, and practical tools to help you improve your on-the-job interactions. Whether you are a new nurse at the bedside or the CEO of a major healthcare facility, this fully revised second edition will show you how to:
- NEW: Communicate mindfully
- NEW: Interpret body language
- NEW: Develop a growth mind-set
- Work with frustrated families, angry physicians, and uncooperative colleagues
- Deal with gossip, harassment, and other tough topics
- Successfully address workloads, management styles, and other tricky subjects
- Improve the patient experience
- Overcome conversation traps
About the Author
Cheri Clancy, MSN, MS, RN, NEA-BC, CPXP, is the founder of Cheri Clancy & Associates LLC, a coaching and training firm that uses hard sciences as a catalyst for soft-skill leadership development. In addition to presenting, coaching, and consulting, she is an adjunct faculty at Rutgers University.