Leadership requires the purposeful selection of behaviors to successfully support a team’s effort to achieve shared goals. This course will examine the leadership process, facilitating change, and the leader’s role in implementing technology.
- Describe key characteristics of leaders.
- Discuss the evolution of leadership theory as a foundation for evidence-based leadership practice.
- Explain the relationship between leader behavior and work outcomes.
- Describe the leadership process.
- Assess the effectiveness of leadership.
- Identify opportunities that nurses have to be change agents.
- Discuss different change agent theories/models.
- Describe strategies to bring about change.
- Discuss the impact of technology on nursing care.
- Describe how today’s clinical and information technology will evolve.
- Explain how to implement new technology in nursing care.
- Evaluate current technologies used in nursing.
- Define the major theories that explain how change is accomplished within organizations.
- Outline the recommended steps to be taken when implementing change in a health care organization.
- Apply this knowledge to initiation of a change in a health care setting.
- Discuss characteristics of impactful meetings.
- Review Robert's Rules of Order.
- Propose strategies to enhance meetings.