In order to ensure quality patient care in today’s health care environment of increasing patient acuity and staff turnover, nurse leaders are asked to stay apprised of the latest in clinical practice and supervise more staff more effectively. Nurse leaders are expected to exhibit a broad range of leadership skills necessary to keep job satisfaction and productivity levels high and turnover rates low. The curriculum for this program is based on the testing blueprints of four nursing leadership/management credentialing certifications currently available. The program contains a post-assessment.
Features of this Program:
- Learner Development Plan: Each course features a Learner Development Plan to form goals to guide the student’s learning.
- Interactive features: Throughout the courses the learner will encounter interactive features, like links to websites, pop-up boxes, and clickable buttons and boxes. It is important to ensure the pop-up blocker is turned off, and to watch for instructions on the pages for interactive features.
- Audio and video content: The courses contain some audio and video content. Learners will need to have a computer with speakers or a headset in order to hear the content.
- Knowledge check questions: These questions will be throughout the course material and are not graded. They are in place to call attention to main points and ensure comprehension.
- Notes and sidebars: Notes and sidebars draw attention to important or additional information.
- Learning activities: The courses contain short answer questions and additional activities to further understanding. The learning activities are specific to each course. They are built into the course and are linked to PDF versions which can be printed or saved and performed as an assignment or group activity. Each of the courses’ learning activities are listed under each course within this guide.
- Final course test: The final course test must be completed in order to receive the continuing nursing education credit (CNE). Learners must score at least an 80% to pass.
- Certificate of completion: Learners will be prompted to complete the post-assessment after completing all 7 courses. The courses do not have to be taken in any particular order. The completion of the Post-Assessment will generate a Certificate of Completion for the Healthcare Leadership Program.
- Mapping: Each course is mapped to QSEN competencies and the AONE Nurse Manager Competencies to demonstrate the direct link between this program and the professional standards of nursing. These competencies served as a framework for course content development.
Courses in this Program:
Course 1: Financial Management
Course 2: Operational Structures and Processes
Course 3: Human Resource Management
Course 4: Knowledge, Innovations, and Performance Improvement
Course 5: Business of Healthcare
Course 6: Leadership and Management
Course 7: Professional Practice