Creating a culture of continuous improvement can be a valuable means of demonstrating excellence and creating stability in any practice setting. This course will discuss performance improvement initiatives, effective communication techniques, project management, and strategic planning.
- Summarize essential elements of a performance improvement program.
- Discriminate between types of root cause analysis.
- Relate at least two benefits achieved when an incident reporting system is employed.
- Interpret outcomes of care delivery data.
- Describe the attributes of effective communication.
- Discuss interdepartmental/interprofessional communication.
- Discuss intradepartmental/intraprofessional communication in nursing.
- Identify the primary knowledge areas of Project Management.
- Describe the pitfalls that commonly serve as barriers to effective project management.
- Distinguish between the different types of reports and analytics that play a key role in project management.
- Describe the benefits of a strong Super User program for project initiatives.
- Differentiate the tools needed to track various components of the project for training, resources, support calls, etc.
- Explain the strategic planning process and its various components.
- Discuss the application of a strategic plan in a practice setting using case study methodology.